LASIK surgery has emerged as one of the most common procedures that people in India tend to undergo. Around 100000 procedures are performed on average every year. People who are uncomfortable with wearing glasses and contact lenses, choose LASIK surgery as their last resort to regain their normal vision. However, people back out from their decision when they know the total expenditure they have to spend on their end. Read this article to know the cost of LASIK surgery in India.
What is LASIK Surgery?
Laser-Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis or LASIK surgery is the procedure of using laser technology that can reshape the cornea of the eyes that clears the blurred vision. Primarily, the following conditions are cured with laser vision correction-
- Myopia or nearsightedness
- Hyperopia or farsightedness
The laser technique can be used in two ways to correct these conditions-
- To cure nearsightedness, the doctor reduces the cornea’s curvature
- To cure farsightedness, the doctor increases the cornea’s curvature
- To cure astigmatism, the doctor removes a small part of the corneal tissue
Top 10 Eye Hospitals in India
If you are looking to undergo a LASIK eye procedure in India, here is a list of the top 10 hospitals. The list is not necessarily restricted to the following hospitals. In case if you want to get treated at another hospital, try to keep some tips handy.
|Serial No.||Name||Address||Contact No.|
|1.||Super Speciality Malabar Eye Hospital||Wayanad Rd, Eranhipaalam, Eranhippalam, Kozhikode, Kerala 673020||0495 237 8865|
|2.||Pristyn Care||Huda Market, SCO 309, 2nd, Sector 29, Gurugram, Haryana 122022||074282 92747|
|3.||Medanta -The Medicity||CH Baktawar Singh Rd, near Olympus, Medicity, Islampur Colony, Sector 38, Gurugram, Haryana 122001||0124 414 1414|
|4.||Dr. Agarwals Eye Hospital, Jaipur||21, Shubham Enclave, Near Civil Lines Railway Crossing, C Scheme, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001||098290 90916|
|5.||Manipal Hospital Delhi||Palam Vihar, Sector 6 Dwarka, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110075||011 4967 4967|
|6.||Apollo Hospitals Bannerghatta||154, IIM, 11, Bannerghatta Main Rd, opposite Krishnaraju Layout, Krishnaraju Layout, Amalodbhavi Nagar, Naga, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076||080 4030 4050|
|7.||Fortis Hospital||AA-299, Shaheed Udham Singh Marg, AA Block, Poorbi Shalimar Bag, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi, 110088||011 4530 2222|
|8.||Shroff Eye Centre, New Delhi||A-9, Lala Lajpat Rai Marg, Block A, Kailash Colony, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048||011 4163 3999|
|9.||Eye7 Chaudhary Eye Centre||Metro Pillar No-614 A-1/173, Najafgarh Rd, Block A1, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110058||011 4040 4070|
|10.||Bharti Eye Hospital||E 52, Block E, Greater Kailash I, Greater Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110048||011 2924 0000|
In case you want to look for other options, keep the following tips in mind so that you can make a suitable decision.
- Instead of following newspaper ads, flyers that provide false information, find the best eye clinic in India. Check whether they are recognized by the government or not and whether they have necessary accreditation and approvals such as NABH, CGHS, etc.
- Look for references from friends and relatives who might have undergone treatment from that particular hospital.
- Look up the doctor’s credentials and experience to know more about the practitioners and the leaders.
- Consider the quality of medical services provided at the hospital.
- Check the behavior of the staff and hospital personnel
- Consider patient surgery, first-hand reviews, and testimonials of other patients who have undergone the surgery.
Factors That Affect The Cost of LASIK Surgery
When you consult with a doctor for the surgery, they brief about certain factors that affect the total expenditure. Here are a couple of factors that are generally taken into account while determining the cost of LASIK surgery.
- Type of technology used- It is important to check the type of technology the clinic relies on for completing the LASIK surgery. Although the latest and up-to-date technology tends to be on a higher-end than other clinics, they guarantee permanent and complication-free results.
- The technique used- Look out for the type of LASIK surgery the doctor is specialized in. Some common and affordable types are LASEK, PRK, ASA, SMILE, etc.
- Location of the clinic- This is another common factor that affects the price. In case you opt to get treated in a Tier 1 city, there are additional costs such as transportation expense that needs to be taken care of.
- Type of hospital or clinic- Superspeciality clinics or hospitals offer a wide range of services within the quoted amount which can be cost-effective for the patient. Some even provide benefits such as free pick-up and drop, free follow-up, etc.
- Recovery expense- Some clinics and hospitals offer recovery packages for which they charge extra. Check whether the clinics offer such services or not.
Cost of LASIK Surgery in Top 15 Cities
Here is the table of the cost of LASIK surgery in major cities of India. This is a table that gives an idea of the cost of LASIK surgery and should be used entirely for reference purposes. The cost of LASIK surgery, in reality, is different depending on a couple of factors. You need to get in touch with the clinic to know the actual expense of LASIK surgery as there are several factors that are dependent on the cost.
|City||Minimum price (INR)||Maximum price (INR)||Average Price (INR)|
In concluding words, a single sitting of LASIK surgery is not expensive in India. Depending on a couple of factors, the total expense of the laser vision correction is decided by the hospital or the clinic from where you have decided to undergo the surgery. Hence, consult with the clinic of your choice to know the exact cost of the surgery. Be sure to ask any questions pertaining to the procedure in order to clarify all the doubts. Therefore, book an appointment with a reputed clinic without any further delay.