These images are here to steal your breath away… They will make you laugh, weep and power up to something important in your life. Only one word can describe this experience – ‘Phenomenal’!
1. Rescued after being trapped for 5 days underground, a survivor of the Springhill Mining disaster is reunited with his family, Nova Scotia, Canada, (1958)
2. Muhammad Ali knocks-out Sonny Liston, 2 minutes and 8 seconds into their classic World Heavyweight Title rematch in Lewiston, Maine, (1965)
3. A 15 year old high school student, Rue Lawrence, poses for the camera in class at New Trier High School, Chicago, (1950)
4. “We Won’t Fight Another Rich Man’s War!!!” – Vietnam Veterans Against the War, circa 1970.
5. An incredibly rare and original color photograph of a B-17 bombardier heading towards Germany, (1940’s)
6. A young Robin Williams, (1977)
7. Animals being used as part of medical treatment, (1956)
8. Race official Jock Semple tries to push Kathy Switzer off the road after she attempts to run the Boston Marathon, which at the time was men’s only. Number 390 pushing Jock away was Kathy’s boyfriend, (1967)
9. The remains of the Soviet cosmonaut, Vladimir Komarov, after his space capsule crashed after re-entry due to a parachute failure, (1967)
10. Michael Jordan breaks down remembering his dad, after winning his fourth ring on Father’s Day .
11. World Trade Center towers, as seen from “lover’s lane”, New Jersey, (1983)
12. A powerful image which shows a utility worker receiving “The Kiss of Life”, a mouth-to-mouth after being electrocuted. He survived. (1967)
13. “This CD-ROM can hold more information than all the paper that’s here below me”- Bill Gates, (1994)
14. Michael Jackson and Mr. T get candid for the camera.
15. A Parisian Cabaret Artist (1900)
16. A young Adolf Hitler seen in the crowd, celebrating the announcement of World War I, (1914)
17. Women use compact mirrors to catch a glimpse of the Queen in London, (1966)
18. George and Barbara Bush with their first born child George W. Bush, (1947)
19. Winnipeg the Bear, the inspiration for “Winnie the Pooh”, seen here with Lt. Harry Colebourne, (1914)
20. Russian Soldiers on the steps of the Reich Chancellery looking at German medals that would never be awarded, (1945)
21. A young Queen Elizabeth in her sitting room at Buckingham Palace, (1946)
22. Filming Casablanca, (1942)
23. A young David Attenborough introduces his son Robert to a coati-mundi, brought home from the combined London Zoo, (1960’s)
24. Muslim members of the Waffen-SS 13th division, during world war II, stop to pray, (1942)
25. A German soldier offers bread to an orphaned Russian boy, (1942)
26. “The Neck Brush”, designed specifically to clean children’s necks while they play, (1950)
27. Prostitutes in Can Tho, Vietnam, (1970)
28. Harassment during a civil rights sit-in at the Cherrydale Drug Fair in Arlington, (1960)
29. Queen Marie of Romania, (late 1890)
30. Mahatma Gandhi on 10 Downing Street, after his meeting with British Prime Minister Ramsay MacDonald, (1931)
31. A colorized picture of Washington D.C. Theta Pi sorority girls, (1910)
32. “Need a light, Coco?” Salvador Dali offers a smoke to Coco Chanel.
33. Jackie Kennedy watches her husband debate Richard Nixon, (1960)
34. Kidnapped children, totaling forty one, being held in foster homes, recovered from ship in open seas, (1904)
36. A photograph of Lincoln assassination conspirator, Lewis Powell , a week before he was hanged, (1865)
37. Marliyn Monroe arrives in London and greets Queen Elizabeth II, (1956)
38. Bob Marley on the beach with Miss World 1976 Cindy Breakspeare, mother of Damien Marley.
39. Barack Obama posing with his buddies that called themselves the “Choom Gang”, Hawaii, (1979). Choom was slang for smoking marijuana!
40. Dave Grohl and Kurt Cobain share a smirk whilst a flustered RuPaul tries to calm down a screaming Frances Bean.
41. Dora Ratjen, a German Olympic athlete, who was arrested at a train station on suspicion of being a man in a dress, (1938)
42. A man begging for his wife’s forgiveness inside Divorce Court. Chicago, (1948)
43. Fidel Castro playing baseball in Havana, (1959)
44. One of the first underwater photographs ever taken, which required a full 30 minute exposure, (1893)
45. The Lion Tamer of the Russian circus, Captain Jack Bonavita, poses with his pride of lions, (1905)
46. The first ever photo of a president, John Quincy Adams, (1843)
47. Customers line up outside the first McDonald’s hamburger stand which was opened by brothers Dick and Maurice McDonald in San Bernadino, California, (1948)
48. The one-wheel motorcycle with a maximum speed of 93 mph, invented in 1931.
49. A portrait of a Cree Indian, Saskatchewan, (1903)
50. Jim Morrison’s arrest mugshot on charges of exposing himself during a concert in Miami, (1970)
51. Sean Penn furiously swings at paparazzi, (1986)
52. Bob Marley and Jackson Five just hanging around! (1975)
53. A subway train in New York, (1970’s)
54. Terry Fox runs in his blood-stained shorts, during his Marathon of Hope run across Canada, (1980). He ran a marathon a day for 143 days until he died.